Saturday, June 5, 2010

Even The Weather Channel is Political Now

For the last 4 days my Weather Channel, Yahoo powered Ipod application was simply saying "update failed" when I tried to check the daily weather in Jerusalem, where I work.  Finally I decided to simply delete it and reload the app.  When I searched for Jerusalem in the Weather Channel's database I discovered the source of my "update failed" error.  It seems that I was not updated that the Weather Channel had changed the name of the capital city of my country to "West Jerusalem."  The Weather Channel seems to be taking a political stance declaring the city divided. 

I do not see this demarcation yet on the online version, but it is very clear on my web-linked Ipod application. 

Another affront to Israel's integrity from an unexpected source. 

No comments:

Post a Comment